The Wine Gift Club - Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to frequently asked questions...
1. Why is The Wine Gift Club better than other online wine shops? We have superior Customer Service, we specialize in fine Wines, and we offer you More Choices! Above and beyond everything else, our number one goal is to provide the absolute best Customer Service possible. Secondly, we Specialize in Wine! You are in very good hands when it comes to sending someone a wine gift basket, a wine of the month club membership or private label wines. We appreciate fine wines, that is what we do, and we do it better that anyone else. Thirdly, we offer you more choices - We give you more options with our wine of the month club than any other clubs offer. You can customize all of our wine gift baskets to include the wines you want. You can even put bottles of our personalized wines in any our gift baskets!
We include only premium, fine wines in our super-cool gift baskets and wine club shipments. The wines we sell are all hard-to-find, lightly distributed wines that generally will not be found at grocery stores. You are spending good money for your gifts and we make sure you get what you are paying for. For more about the wines we offer, see Question 5 below.
2. Can I choose what wine I will receive? YES!
With our wine of the month club, you choose how many bottles and what style of wines you want each month. You also get to choose what style of wine we use for your private label wines. You get to choose what styles of wine to include with any of our gift baskets - you can even choose to include private label wine in any of our gift baskets!
3. What about the shipping?
For detailed information about shipping costs, states and transit times, please see our Shipping Page.
4. How does The Wine Gift Club store their wine? We cellar it!
We ensure high quality wines by always keeping all our wines in a controlled cellar environment. Temperature and darkness are the 2 most important factors in wine storage. We understand the importance of proper wine storage and work very hard to ensure that the wines you receive are of the highest quality possible. If a certain wine can not handle one to two weeks out of the cellar during shipping, then we will not carry it! Total Quality is our Goal!
5. How does The Wine Gift Club pick the wines they offer? One fine wine at a time!
We travel throughout the best wine producing regions of California and the world, visiting wineries and vineyards, talking with the wine makers, and tasting wines at their source. Our experts attend wine tastings and special release events. We offer you only the best wines that we find, and every wine that we sell is hand picked by us! Believe it or not, most gift shops and wine of the month clubs don't even pick their own wines - they just get whatever is on sale or on closeout.
6. How will the wine be packaged and shipped? Environmentally friendly!
We do not use styrofoam inserts like other wine shops. Most of the bottle packaging that we use is 100% recyclable and much of it is made with recycled material. Please help our planet by recycling the packaging we send to you! Shipping is done through a network of ground carriers and delivery is made to your home or office. Someone at least 21 years old must be available to sign for the package when it arrives. For detailed information, please see our Shipping Page.
7. When will I receive my wine? That depends on where we are shipping it.
See our Shipping Page for details.
8. Why does wine need to be stored properly? It's ALIVE!
Like milk, wine is alive. As it sits around it changes. If improperly stored, the changes can lead to off-tastes, bad flavors, cloudiness and color changes. However, stored correctly, the changes are controlled and the wine ages and matures properly.
9. Can I return my wine for a refund? No.
Sorry, but due to the nature of the product, we do not allow refunds for wine. However, we do guarantee the quality of the wine we sell and if there is a problem with any of the wines or other products that you receive from us, please Contact Us immediately and we will do whatever we can to make you happy. All of our wines and gifts are guaranteed 100%.
10. Is it safe for me to input my personal information on your site? Absolutely!
11. There is sediment in my wine bottle. What should I do?
Allow it to settle.
The first thing you need to understand is that sediment in a wine bottle is a very normal thing, especially for wine bottles that are more that a couple years old. Sediment is not a bad sign but in fact may indicate a superior wine. Click here for more information about wine sedimentation.
12. Can you ship Wine of the Month Club memberships to Alaska or Hawaii?
Unfortunately, we do not ship our Wine of the Month Club to Alaska or Hawaii. We apologize for any inconvenience.
13. Can I request a specific delivery time? No. Unfortunately we cannot control the time of day that your package will be delivered.
If you did not find the answer to your question here, please Contact Us and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
We are the one stop shop for the best wine of the month club, unique wine gifts and gift baskets, awesome wine sampler gift packs, and personalized wine and personalized Champagne. But wine gifts online at WineGiftClub.com.